Child having fever and prescribed with azithral. Suggest the precautions to prevent fever

hi , i have 19 months baby girl , she is having fever from last seven days…my doctor has given to her antibiotic like azithral 100 , after completion of the course of the medicine the fever happened again , after the review my doctor prescribed her zanocin 100 and asked for several blood tests and a urine culture , apart from the urine report the blood report shows all right. Last day i have given her soft boiled egg , and from today only she again gained 101f fever , i don't know what is happening…plz guide me and tell me what things to do and what not
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Complete investigation. Detailed History. Detailed Answer: Hi Dear Welcome to the XXXXXXX Please load all the scanned reports in the next query to evaluate the case. If possible CXRay also. Urine culture and sensitivity report is utmost important. Detailed history will be appreciated like fever with chills, burning during urination, frequent urination, any cough, vomiting, loose motions ,any rashes in the body. Seven days fever can be explained with some altered urine report points towards the possible Urinary Tract infection. Expected investigation CBC, ESR, CRP, URINE ROUTINE M/E,CULTURE and SENSITIVITY. MALARIA ANTIGEN, TYPHI DOT TEST. DENGUE SEROLOGY,ETC Please feel free for the further clarification Thanks
Follow-up: Child having fever and prescribed with azithral. Suggest the precautions to prevent fever 1 hour later
I attached all the reports.....shud I continue with soft boiled egg..suggest me something good for me...I am panicking
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Reports not found. Treat as UTI. Detailed Answer: Hi I am sorry; I do not see any attached pictures here. Try uploading them again or mail it to me at YYYY@YYYY with subject line as “Attention to Dr. Irshad Naqvi”. Without investigation it is little difficult to reach for the exact diagnosis. As you have already written about the altered urine report, I presume that the child is suffering with UTI. Need not to panic. Your doctor has already started zanocin, which is most probable suitable drug for the UTI. Up until now, the child might have started responding to zanocin. Antipyretics like paracetamol to continue as and when needed. Maintain the hydration and nutrition of the child. Hope you will attach the reports in next query. Soft egg is partially cooked food. For which we do advice you to refrain from giving partially cooked food. Bacteria do survive in such food and child may be infected with, especially typhoid bacteria. Next query is welcome. Thanks