Child having fever and greenish loose stool. Blood test done. Any thoughts?

Hello Dr. Kumar! I have a concern. My 3 month old daughter has been running elevated temperatures (99.1-100.4) for the past 2 weeks. She has normal sleeping pattern, no rash, no nausea, no vomiting, and she is feeding well. She did have a greenish, mucoid like loose stool about 4 days ago and again this morning. We took her in last week with her pediatrician and she had blood work performed. She had a CBC and her WBC were 8.6 (lymphocytes 80%, neutrophils 30%). Any thoughts???
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 15 hours later

I am sorry to hear about your daughter. Here the problem is the baby is running a temperature. In her blood count, total WBC is almost normal though she got high lymphocytic count it could be well due to recent viral infection. The clinical picture you have given the baby appears reasonably well.

I think the most common condition, which leads babies to have high temperature, is lack of fluid. I recommend you should give the baby Electrol XXXXXXX Dissolve 1 XXXXXXX with 300mls of boiled and cooled water and feed the baby frequently.

Please contact me if you have further queries.

Kindest regards Dr XXXXXXX