Child having fever. Prescribed with azee, levolin and atarax. Not recovered completely. Suggest medication

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
my daughter 2 years and 9 months old got fever 10 days back and doctor prescribed her Azee, levolin, atarax. I gave her azee once a day for 3 days. She recovered from that.but today she had fever of 100 with nose block and i give him some steam and now she had temperature of 99 but nose is still running. please suggest something.
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cetrizine oral syrup in prescribed dose.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

For her running nose, you can give an oral antihistamine like cetrizine in prescribed dose.

Usually cetrizine comes in syrup form (5mg/5ml). It is usually suggested 2.5ml once daily for 3 to 5 days to kids around this age group.

For fever, you can give her paracetamol in prescribed dose every 6th hourly depending on the presence of fever.

If the fever persists beyond 24 hours, I advise you to consult her pediatrician for clinical examination and for specific treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Child having fever. Prescribed with azee, levolin and atarax. Not recovered completely. Suggest medication 11 minutes later
Please tell me what to do if nose is blocked and she is not take nasal drops if there is alternative for the same.

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Saline nasal spray or a soft silicon mucus sucker.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for getting back.

For nose block, saline nasal drops are good such as Nasoclear nasal drops.

Alternatively you can use saline nasal spray for nose block.

Another alternative is to use a soft silicon mucus sucker bulb. It is available in the market and you should read the instructions of its usage before using it.

Deflate the mucus sucker bulb first and after deflating it, keep its tip in one nostril gently and gradually inflate it to suck the thick secretions from nostril. Repeat the same procedure on the other nostril.

Regards.