Child having fever. Crocin does not help. Can I give her maftal?

My daughter,10 years,is having High fever 101.3°C . I had given her Crocin 500 approximately 3hrs back. But fever hasn't come down. Can i give her Maftal 250. It's 12.40 night right now.Please advise.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Meftal 250 may not help. Give crocin.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the question. I understand your concern for your child.

Meftal 250 may not help bring down the fever, instead you can give another 500 mg of crocin.

Crocin can be given at a dosage of 15 mg/kg every 6 hours.

It would help me to suggest better if you can tell me the weight of your daughter.

Another option would be to do tepid sponging, you can take tap water and dip a towel and keep wiping all over the body till the temperature comes down to normal, this is far better than giving extra medicines.

Please make sure you don't give too many medicines, a temperature of 101.3 degree is not very high, so you can wait for some more time to give her the next dose of crocin.

If the fever does not reduce after 3 days, I would request you to kindly consult her pediatrician to find the exact nature of the disease so that an appropriate treatment can be initiated.

Please do write back with the requested details so that I can help you better.

Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.

Warm regards,