Child having extremely limited vocabulary abilities. Suggest the treatment?

treatment for 4 yr old who has extremely limited vocabulary abilities. trying to find a specialist that might be able to help her. several drs have been called but everyone says it will take up to a year for her to be seen. child lives in the 0000 zip code, willing to travel to get her the help she desperately needs within manageable distance. also should she be seen by a pediatriican first. family dr doesnt recognize our concerns. child is involved in an early intervention program but her communication skills are at 2 year old level at best. any help or direction you can help with would be greatly appreciated.
medical history says i selected cancer, should be child neurologist. also someone said that possibly her condition might be apraxia. not familiar with it but did read a printout of it and it really did seem to apply to her in a lot or areas.
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 38 hours later
Brief Answer:
specialists details are below

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry for your 4 years old child. I understand her health condition and the desperate need for help now.

Yes, your child may also be having apraxia as a component of her vocabulary inabilities.

In this situation, a child psychiatrist would do a better help to the baby rather than the child neurologist. The child psychiatrist would be able to understand your baby's condition better. In addition, he/she can treat apraxia and vocabulary difficulties better than a neurologist can.

I am giving you references of few specialists close by to your location. You may want to try them. Hopefully, one of them should be able to see your child sooner.

Dr. Oladapo R. Osuntokun, MD
Adolescent Psychiatry & Pediatric Psychiatry
327 N Washington Ave Suite 102, Scranton, PA 0000

Dr. Tasneem Hussainee, MD
210 Montage Mountain Rd Suite A, Moosic, PA 0000

Dr. XXXXXXX G. Termini, MD
326 XXXXXXX Ave, Scranton, PA 0000
562 Wyoming Ave, Kingston, PA 0000

Dr. XXXXXXX M. Puhalla, MD
326 XXXXXXX Ave, Scranton, PA 0000

Dr. XXXXXXX J. Pandya, MD
851 Commerce Blvd Suite 107, Dickson City, PA 0000
1615 E Elm St, Scranton, PA 0000

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you.

Wish your child would be able to be a normal kid again with full vocabulary abilities.