Child having cough and fever. On abrolite. Any advice?

My kid is having cough for almost a month and now running fever, He is 2.8 year old weight 10.2 KG (Preterm 71/2 Months)
Had been on Abrolite, Meftal,Taxim,Lavoline, Montek LC
Couging persisted given Peritone, Escoryl and Montair Granules

Coughing has largely subsided but persistent, feverish since early morning now running fever 100 , given Meftal just now.
Please advise
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 1 hour later

I am sorry to hear about your child.

Please you let me know the immunization history of the child especially of measles and whooping cough as soon as possible.
Awaiting your response.

Kindest regards Dr. S.K.Mukherjee.
Follow-up: Child having cough and fever. On abrolite. Any advice? 3 hours later
Dear Doctor XXXXXXX

All immunizations are complete as per calendar next due at age of 5.

Many thanks to let me know the child's immunization status. The persistent of cough such long time which I have seen are whooping cough and complications of measles. As the cough subsided but fever persisting I think the child has still got infection of ears throat and sinuses. I think you should take him to the Paediatrician to give him a Physical examination including ears and throat and a course of suitable antibiotics. For the fever give him Paracetamol syrup (2.5mgm in 5mis) 2.5 ml three times daily.

Give him plenty to drink to keep the hydration. I am sure he will be okay. If you want to know anything please contact me.

kindest regards Dr S.K.Mukherjee