Child having constipation and passing hard stool. Advised to take laxative and anal tablet. Suggest the diet to be taken?

Hello sir,
My Daughter is 8 months old and we recently started to feed her with Crushed Rice/Dals & Farex, but since a week she is feeling constipation and hard stool passing. we have consulted our pediatricial who has given him laxative and in case required anal tablet to be put in. Now she is passing stool but little hard (like adults) with this medication, Request your guidance and cure of the same, do we need to change her diet or anything additional to be done.
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 17 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

Constipation is commonly seen in infants and is mostly dietary in nature.

I suggest you to ;
-give fruits and boiled leafy vegetables.
-continue with dal rice porridge.
-give honey in warm water first thing in morning.

I also suggest you to give sitz bath that is make her sit in tub of warm water for 10 minutes 2 to 3 times a day

continue with laxatives for few days if needed.

in case symptoms persist get her re evaluated by pediatrician.

Hope I have answered your query.In case you have any further question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your baby good health.

God bless..