Child having cold and kidney pain. Should I consult a doctor?

Jul 2016

My daughter has a very bad cold, but now she's complaining of kidney pain. Do I need to take her to a doctor or the hospital?
Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 22 minutes later

Thanks for your query. Your 31 years old daughter had severe cold which is followed by pain in renal region. This is most likely due to UTI. But it can be confirmed only after proper examination and investigation.

Please get following investigation done
1) Routine Urine test.
2) Ultrasound scan of the abdomen
3) Complete Haemogram

This will help to come to conclusion and to confirm the diagnosis.
Meanwhile, let her drink plenty of water daily. Once you get the reports, consult an Urologist for further treatment.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I shall be pleased to answer the same.

Thanks with Regards.