Child having bronchitis and fever. Suggest medication

My son has had two or three bots of bronchitis which seems to return from time to time. He also has a temperature which last night reached over 39c. We have been sponge bathing him which helps. They also did that at the hospital. do you have any other suggestions for his tummy ache and temperature? Last night at a hospital they said that was 'gas' and have given a mix of Magnesium & Aluminium Hydroxide for his tummy.

He has just turned 5 years old and we currently live in Thailand.

Kind Regards

I noticed an answer below recommended steam inhalation - is it a good idea to put a little 'Vicks' in the hot water - mu Mum did that for me when i was a kid.
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern

Relax it is common for children to have recurrent infections due to low immunity.

As this time he is having fever with pain abdomen it could be a paet of some infection which is mostly viral in nature but could be bacterial as well.

For relief of pain and fever you can give mefenemic acid as per dose (4 to 6mg/kg)

Continue with ant acid preperation.

For relief if cough steam inhalation plays good role as it helps in humidification.
Most of the times in small children we give plain water steam as sometimes vics can lead to irritation.

Give plenty of fluids

Lemon tea is also useful.

In case symptoms persist get him re evaluated by pediatrician for further management.

Hope I have answered your query.In case you have any further question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless..