Child having asthma symptoms, heart pain, breathing difficulty. Giving budacort mixed with budasel. Curable?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My son has all symptons of allergic asthma and I want to know will it continue to be like this throughout his life as he needs to be nebulized everyday. He is now 5.5 yrs old and he is 22.5 kg. I am giving him budacort mixed with budasel while nebulizing when he complains of heart pain and points of difficulty in breathing..
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 31 minutes later

Thanks for writing to healthcare magic

I can understand that your kid has been suffering from allergy and asthma. Asthma can be controlled very well provided:
1) Identify the allergen and avoid those. Special skin test by an allergist or allergen specific IgE levels in blood can help identifying.
2) Continuous proper medicine use (inhaler/nebulizer) supervised and titrated in dose with regards to his baseline severity and intermittent exacerbation
3) Usually kids overgrow their allergies (not all of course). It's difficult to predict who would overgrow their allergies.
4) Avoidance of chemical stimulants like smoking (passive), dust, diesel smoke, agarbathi, perfumes, sprays, mosquito coils will definitely help.

Hope I have cleared some of your doubts. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr Arun
Follow-up: Child having asthma symptoms, heart pain, breathing difficulty. Giving budacort mixed with budasel. Curable? 37 minutes later
Thanks Dr XXXXXXX for the answer. I understand some children grow and some doesnt but this thing is affecting my child's day to day activities. he can't run or play like other children he cannot go out in every season and he cannot take showers or rain dance after swim. Even certain change in temperature makes him very sensitive and he starts sneezing.

First i want to ask you what is asthma control plan we can plan to get my child in control of his condition and even we can avoid asthma attack as sometimes he cannot even stand up when he comes from school n we feel helpless.

Second I want to know where in Delhi we can get his allergy test done because till now his paed just keep tell to keep him nebulizing n don't even tell us to get allergy test done or find out what allergy triggers are.. First we were not not know what is our child suffering from coz doctors here never guided us. It was myself who searched net and found out he is having all the sympton of allergic asthma.

How is allergy test conducted in Delhi? I want allergy test on his skin done. Also know about Immunotheraply..And peak flow meter will we get all this here in Delhi.

Pls guide me with every step I need to take to keep my Kid asthma in control and prevent any attack..We are very worried as our son can't enjoy life like other kids. And measure I shuld take and whom should I counsult someone who is expert at this in my area i.e Delhi, Dwarka 0000.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Arun 11 minutes later

I understand you are very worried

I can recommend asthma, chest and allergy centre (ACAC) in Gurgaon and Delhi
1. DR JAGGI is available in New Delhi at:
128, XXXXXXX Enclave, New Delhi - 0000, India
Phone-011-0000, 011-0000
(call between 8am to 4pm Monday to Saturday)
2. Should you consider Gurgaon, then you can visit:
U-25/11, DLF-III, Gurgaon, 0000, Haryana, India

You need to consult them to get asthma plan specific for your kid. You have to get allergy test and spirometry (done in ACAC). Even immunotherapy is done properly there

Wishing good health for your kid

Follow-up: Child having asthma symptoms, heart pain, breathing difficulty. Giving budacort mixed with budasel. Curable? 24 minutes later
Thank you Dr once again for the quick reply.. One more question I would like to ask can my child be allergic to certain foods also. As sometimes when he drinks milk he start coughing more or when he eats icecream or any cold item he starts coughing and his hearts beats fast.

As he has all symptons of allegeric asthma how I will know which foods are culprits in his case and triggering to make his situation more worse. My child doesn't eat well he is very very picky about eating and we don't give him cheese, butter, citrus, banana, curd, rice so is there any possibilty of these also being allergens.

Being a mother of two kids one still just 7 months I have very less options left to help my child enjoy tasty tiffins most ingredients are suspected allergens.

I think XXXXXXX kunj is near from my house.. But do i need to still visit Gurgaon for ACAC.

And lastly I want to ask is there any possibility my other child might develop same allergies.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Arun 20 minutes later

Allergy tests will tell you for foods also . You need not omit all the foods which turn positive. It depends if he gets symptoms after that food item or not.

You can visit Delhi or Gurgaon .

Dr Arun