Child having asthma and cough. Got worse after taking robitussin. Proper treatment?

My 6 year old has had this terrible dry "chunky" sounding cough for about a little over a week now. There is no mucus. She has no other symptoms. She had asthma when she was younger but hasnt had any wheezing for some years now and has had no need of using an inhaler. She has no pain/discomfort. Plays fine with the other kids outside in the snow but just cant seem to shake this cough. Ive given her Robitussin for it and it made the cough worse as well as some other medicine she had for cough and nothing seems to work. Ive also given her Benedryl and nothing happened except for her sleeping. The cough gets worse at night. She wakes me up out of my sleep with this cough. This cough came about when it started getting really cold up here and snow began to fall. Shes overall healthy. No smokers in the home. Ive had the flu and her siblings have had colds but she just has this cough. Id like to know what is best for her to take for this?
Posted Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 15 hours later

Welcome to Health care Magic.

I have gone through the history you have mentioned. It is always better to get the child examined by a doctor before starting any medication. Until then, you can start with following medicine.
Antim tart 200 6 pills 2 times in a day toungue dose(made in germany) XXXXXXX bich 30 6 pills 2 times in a day toungue dose
Ipicauc 30 6pills two times in a day

Baby will get relief.

If you have any query feel free to ask.