Child having an injury in finger. DTP vaccination was given earlier. Is it necessary for tetanus to be injected?

Feb 2013

hi , My daughter is 3.8 year old and had an injury yesterday in her school. She is unable to tell me how the injury happened in her finger. as I am not sure how the injury happened so I was thinking if Tetanus still required to be injected. The last DTP vaccination was given to her was on XXXXXXX 2011.

Please suggest if Tetanus is required

Thanks & Regards XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tetanus shot is not required. Dressing of wound

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Is there any cut or bleeding from the site of injury on her finger?

As she received DPT (contains tetanus toxoid) vaccine in XXXXXXX 2011, another dose of Tetanus injection is not required at present.

And the wound needs dressing and application of antibacterial cream such as Betadine ointment.

Therefore I suggest you to consult the doctor for physical examination of wound, for dressing, and for prescription of medication.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know along with the details I have asked.

Follow-up: Child having an injury in finger. DTP vaccination was given earlier. Is it necessary for tetanus to be injected? 2 hours later
Thank you sir for your valuable advice.

Dressing of wound was already done immediately. there was a slight cut and initially it was bleeding but now it seems fine. My only concern was the tetanus and it is clear now.

Thanks & Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for getting back.

If you don't have any clarification you can close the discussion and I request you to rate and review my answer.

And I wish your child good health.

Best regards.