Child having a rash on arm and spreading to neck and chin. Treatment?

My son developed a rash on his left arm under his bicep Saturday. The next day it spread to his neck amd than his face (all on the left side). Today it is continuing to spread now to the right side.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 8 hours later

Thanks for your query

I completely understand your concern and I hope I am able to help you for the same.

From the description of the skin rash that you have given, i can think of herpes zoster especially because the rash is only over the left side.

But before coming to the diagnosis, I would like to have a look at the skin rash that your son is having.
It would be great if you can click some close up pictures of the skin rash and upload them here on this page. You can also email the pictures to YYYY@YYYY with subject line as “attention to Dr. Geetika Paul”.

Also there are certain things that i would like to know from you.
Since when is your son having the skin rash?
Is the rash associated with itching or pain?
History of application of any medicines over the lesions?
Was there sudden appearance of the rash (something suggesting insect bite)?
Any similar rashes in the past?

I would surely be able to help you more once you provide me the above details along with close up pictures of the skin rash.

Waiting for your response,

Dr Geetika Paul.