Child having a bump on nose and looks like large white head. What should I do?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, my 4 year old daughter has has a small bump on her nose for the last couple of months, just In the past couple of days it has gotten bigger and this morning she woke up and it looks like a very large white head. She says it doesn't hurt. But it looks painful. What should I do?
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: photograph required Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query, It can be a furuncle, a bacterial infection. Can you please upload a photograph of the lesion. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and a better line of management. Waiting for your response. Thank you

Follow-up: Child having a bump on nose and looks like large white head. What should I do? 7 minutes later
Here are a fee pictures

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the photograph. Yes it is a furuncle. Please apply an antibacterial cream like mupirocine twice daily and give her an antibiotic syrup. Syrup cefixime will be better. Dont try to squeeze it, let the pus drain on itself. She will be fine in a week. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Child having a bump on nose and looks like large white head. What should I do? 4 minutes later
Where can i find a antibiotic syrup? Will i need to go to a docto to get it prescribed for her? r

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Ask a chemist if he can give you the medication I prescribed, Else you will need to get it prescribed. Dont worry it is not a XXXXXXX thing.