Child having a bruise on right nipple with a small lump underneath. Should I be concerned?

Hello, my 9 month old son has a bruise on his right nipple with a small lump underneath. It's been there about 3-4 days & has definitely gotten darker & changed colors. He is acting totally normal. I wonder if one of us accidentally zipped his skin while putting jammies on & didn't know what he was crying about at the time... That's possible. Other than that, I can't think of any other cause for this. Should I be concerned?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Appears to be healing bruise. Need to observe Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank for your query and appreciate your observations. The changes in the colour are suggestive of the bruise that is healing. You need to just wait and it shall a few more days (approximately a week) for the colour to become normal. As 3 days have gone by you do not have to do anything at present. I hope I have answered your query to to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back for any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts of the case. Wishing your child an early recovery. Regards, Rajiv K Khandelwal