Child have swelling and redness in eye. Used ciplox-d eye drop with no improvement now putting Acular. Suggest?

My Daughter is 4years old. Since last 5 days she is having swelling and dark redness in one eye. redness and swelling is very high. I used ciplox-d eye drop for 4 days, with no improvement. now i am putting Acular LS in her eye since yesterday, with no significant improvement. Please suggest what to do.
This doesnt look an infection, since it has nto come in other eye yet.
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antiallergic medication

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Opthalmology, working with an experienced Pediatric Opthalmologist. I answer on his behalf.

Based on the description, I suspect the inflammation in the eyes could probably be due to allergy. As you mention, if it was infection for sure it would have affected the other eye too.

I suggest you to try giving her a dose of anti-allergic medication like Diphenhidramine (Benadryl) Dosage. If the condition is allergic it does show some improvement. If so, then continuing the medication for three more days would cure the condition.

Hope, I answered your query.