Child have high ESR level. What can be done?

ESR level is high for my Kid 14 months old.
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Emmette Clark 3 hours later

Can you please tell me what the level is, as often we see levels reported as high that are not corrected for age or the fact that an acute illness is going on.

Lots of conditions will cause the sedimentation rate (ESR) to go up, including ear infections, throat infections, a recent injury, etc. I'll be happy to assist you further if you will let me know specifically what the doctor was testing your child for by doing a sedimentation rate, which is very non-specific for diagnosing any condition.

Follow-up: Child have high ESR level. What can be done? 14 hours later

Thanks for your kind reply, i have uploaded new report of August 3 and 4 for your kind review and further advice. I need your kind advice / suggestion for how to control and what medication can be help.

Looking forward for your kind reply and advice.

With best regards
Father of Patient
Answered by Dr. Emmette Clark 4 hours later
It appears that he has an issue going on with his ability to clot since his PT and PTT are slightly prolonged and his CRP is elevated, but so is his platelet count. These values are often seen in children with acute illnesses going on, either bacterial or more often viral. Without knowing more about what is going on with your son, I can't really offer any advice and this website does not allow me to offer a diagnosis or treatment anyway. I can say that it appears that he is receiving appropriate care based on the laboratory evaluation he has gotten and I know he is in a fine hospital so all you can do is trust his doctors for now.