Child has yellow diarrhea, vomiting, pale and grey stools. Liver trouble or flu?

My 2 year old son had yellow diarrhea for 2 days. He started vomiting yesterday, and today had very pale, gray clay like stool and vomited again. Serious liver trouble or flu? Does not appear to have any right upper quadrant pain. He has a twin sister whom vomited last night (but this is not unusual as she often vomits at night...another issue) but no stool issues and doesn't appear sick.
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 5 hours later

Thank you for posting your query on HealthcareMagic!

Based on your son he seems to be suffering with diarrhea probably due to infection (virus) and not due to liver disease. Don't worry; these types of diarrhea’s are self limiting and recover within 4-5 days themselves.

The treatment is supportive - ensure hydration and enough feeding to prevent dehydration.
He should be fine in a few days.

I hope this information would be both informative and helpful for you. Let me know if you have other concerns.