Child has white pimple on clitoris, no itching or pain. Normal?

Jul 2012

i just changed my 3 yr old girls diaper and I noticed a white pimple on her clitoris. I was able to pop it with just a wipe to clean her with....shes not complaining of any itching or pain - is this normal? I'm thinking it could be irritation from clothes and diaper rubbing ....but as I have hsv1 - I'm worried. I'm very careful to wash my hands before and after diaper changes....
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 10 minutes later
Hi there.
Just to reassure you, it seems what you called irritation reaction from clothing/diapers. Alternatively, it could be some cystic growth of a degenrative nature that is common in this area.
Your having HSV1 does not mean much unless the HSV lesions are on your hands, active & in direct contact with the child's diaper region which i doubt is the case. are just being a normal concerned mum..HSV for the record, is extremely prevalent nowadays (esp HSV1)in some populations tatamounting to some 70-80%
As long as the child is feeling no pain, discomfort or itch, leave it alone!
Move on to the next diaper change...Wish you & your daughter good health & trust this answer has reassured you that all is well. Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India