Child has water, pus-filled bumps on legs, itchy.

Dermatologist
Question
MY DAUGTHER 4YEARS OLD. HAS WATERY PUSS FILL BUMPS ON HER LEGS. AND IT ITCHY AND IF SHE SCRATCHES IT, IT BURST AND LEAVES LIKE A LIL WHOLE IN HER SKIN
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 2 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,

I was able to view the picture and I can tell you that the lesion showed in the picture seems to be a bacterial impetigo. The lesions erupt as pus filled blisters and burst to form a crust.

Another likely diagnosis is an infected molluscum contagiosum.

The picture sent by you is not a high resolution picture and hence it is difficult to come to a conclusive diagnosis. So I encourage you to visit a competent dermatologist to confirm the possibility.

An oral antibiotic course is required in both. Your dermatologist can prescribe it to your daughter. Besides molluscum contagiosum requires a removal of the lesions too.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other helps.

Dr.Rohit Batra