Child has vomiting, nausea. WBC changing frequently, infection in throat. Antibiotics for temporary relief. Help?
User rating for this question
my son age is 11 month weight 9.00 is suffering from vomitting/Nausea (whatever he eats vomitted after some time or some time instantly) & there is also have prob from last 2 month.as per doctor the WBC count has been changing freqeuenty & there is some infection in his throat so there is some problem in sallowing food.actibitobics & some other medicine only provide temprary relief for some days.pls guide for cure of this problem.others symptoms are no weight gain from last 1.5 months ,dullness etc.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 44 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
I understand your worry about your son.
He needs a complete evaluation by a competent Paediatrician. Vomiting and nausea in infants should be considered serious. Please take care of his hydration. Give him ORS liquid orally as and when required. Continue to give mother's milk. It will help him to boost the immune status.
Changing WBCs value also indicates a probable infection and low immune status.
I strongly suggest you to get him evaluated for any underlying systemic infections.
But, do not worry; infants of his age do get these problems. He should be fine soon.
Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
People also viewed
- Is taking gramogyl safe for blood noticed in feces
- Locking fingers treatment
- Need medication for cold cough and fever
- Nausea fatigue vomitting intermittent sore throat
- How often can i give asthalin sos for cold
- Monospot glandular fever
- Fibrolamellar hcc treatment
- Headache nausea occasional vomiting fever sore throat
- Pediatric fever treatment
- Is it safe to give new born lactogen 1
- Child with throat and chest infection vomiting suggest a medicine
- What is the treatment for chest painweakness and fever
- Child headache nausea vomiting mild fever help
- Female perineum pain
- Child has throat infection prescribed switch toxolite vomiting