Child has vomiting after feeding. cause and treatment?

Feb 2013

My three months daughter omitting after feeding, please let me causes and treatment.
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gastritis or reflux.Domstal in prescribed dose.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The cause for vomitings in your daughter could be due to gastritis or gastroesophageal reflux.

For the control of vomitings, you can give oral domstal suspension in prescribed dose.

Domstal suspension comes in 1mg per 1ml concentration and I can suggest 0.5ml to 1ml per dose to children around this age.

Domstal contains domperidone and as it is prescribed medication I suggest you to consult the pediatrician for examination, to assess the hydration of the child and to prescribe the medication.

Breast feeds to be given frequently to prevent dehydration from vomitings and child needs monitoring of hydration status till vomitings subside.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Follow-up: Child has vomiting after feeding. cause and treatment? 22 hours later
Thank you doctor
But I have observed in last two days . she only omitting when we are feeding a Nestle NAN pro -1

Mother milk she is not omitting..

as mother milk is very less doctor suggested to give her Nestle NAN pro -1 form two moths back

now after the problem is whenever we feed mother milk she will not omitting only she omitting when we feed a Nestle NAN pro -1

please suggest any other milk powder , now she is 3 month old
IN addition to that

Doctor told she is healthy

Now her weigth is 5.5 KG
and 62 CM
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Give small quantity feeds frequently. Burping.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for getting back.

Exclusive breast feeding till the age of 6 months is the best method of feeding in infants.

As you are giving Nan Pro-1 since 2 months, the reason for vomiting may not be due to milk powder.

What I suggest you is to take strict hygienic precautions while preparing, handling, and feeding the formula milk.

Avoid feeding formula milk with a bottle. Try to feed using a spoon.

And reconstitute the formula milk as per the instructions provided on the pack.

After feeding, burping has to be done to help the kid to expel the gas from his food pipe.

Don't overfeed him with formula milk, instead you can give small amounts of milk frequently.

In spite of all these measures if he continues to vomit I can suggest you to give domstal suspension in prescribed dosage.

Changing to another formula may not be a solution, but take precautions during feeding like strict hygienic measures, and do burping after each feed.

Her weight and length are normal as per the growth charts.