Child has undescended testicle. Started teething with diarrhea and vomiting. Cure to be taken?

My nearly year old son is vomiting everything he eats and drinks and has dirrahea and is also teething. This is the second day now. Please advise as to cause?He has undescended testicles to which I am seeing the Doctor about on Monday?? Could this be making him poorly like this and he also went swimming before he became ill?
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Diarrhea and vomiting your son has could probably be due to gastroentritis caused by infections which is very common in children who are teething.

I suggest you to give him enough rehydrating solutions like tender coconut water, ORS (Oral rehydration solutions), butter milk, fruit juices with glucose and a pinch of salt in it. This will prevent the serious complication of dehydration caused in such infections.

He may also have to be placed on antibiotics if the infection does not subside within two days.

I do not think the undescended testis has any relation with the current problem.

Swimming could have made him exposed to the source of infection which could be the water contaminated in the pools. I would consider it safe for him to play in pools for few months now as he could be vulnerable to infections owing to his present condition.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.