Child has ulcers under foreskin, itching of penis, mouth ulcers. Treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
my son is 9years old, he has uclers under his foreskin he say they are not painful but i have notice he is itching his penis quite offen. I did take him to the walk in doctors last week and she assured me it was nothing to worry about and i was ok with this.... until my son shown me his penis tonite after he had been in the bath. My son somtimes suffers with mouth uclers.
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
The painless ulcers under the foreskin with itching in a 9 year old could be due to a fungal infection.
You can ask him to apply an anti fungal ointment like clotrimazole on the area after cleaning it. Adding an antiseptic ointment like neosporin will also be helpful. This should help in symptomatic relief in 4-5 days.
In case the ulcers are persistent, then consulting a dermatologist for a direct examination of the lesions will be the best way of proper diagnosis.
Ask him to use general cleanliness measures to avoid any infection in that area. Avoid scratching the region with barefingers.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.