Child has taken an overdose of T Minic. Should I be concerned?
User rating for this question
My 4 year old son has taken an overdose of T Minic. Its been about 5 hrs now and i just came to know about it. He looks normal. Should i take him to the emergency? Please help!
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do not worry. Detailed Answer: Hi Dear, Welcome to the XXXXXXX T minic contains Chlorpheneramine Maleate which is an antihistaminic drug. Side effect of this CPM is drowsiness. He may be drowsy for some time say 5 to 6 hours and then he will become alright. I do not think that you should run to the ER as already 5 hours have passed and your son seems to be fine, except if he develops some abnormal activity or becomes excessive drowsy. Please give him lot of fluids. Hope the query is answered, Please feel free for further clarification, Thanks