Child has swollen gland on neck, with strep throat and cold. Cause and treatment?
User rating for this question
my 2 year old has a swollen gland on the right on her neck, with strept & a cold for 3 days already, why? & how long can it last?
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 42 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX ..,
Thanks for posting your query.
The cold and strep. Infection has lead to lymphoma enlargement in the neck.
Child needs rest good nutrient diet, antibiotics and decongestants treatment.
Response depends on severity, mostly throat symptoms become fine in 5-7 days and lymphnode resolves over coming two weeks.
Your local physician would know these regimens.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.
People also viewed
- What is the cause and treatment of strep throat
- Treatment and cure for Strep throat
- Symptoms of internal fungal infection
- My big toe is swollen and has poison
- Strep throat treatment amoxicillin
- Use of diltiact gel and itching
- Symptoms of macular disease
- Symptoms of candidal oral thrush
- What is the treatment for strep throat
- Meibomian gland dysfunction coconut oil
- Symptoms of tonsil/throat infection
- Stiffness in neck and pain in collarbone
- Strep throat treatment
- Why do my shoulders hurt when i take a deep breath
- Symptoms of local inflammatory injury