Child has swollen gland on neck, with strep throat and cold. Cause and treatment?
User rating for this question
my 2 year old has a swollen gland on the right on her neck, with strept & a cold for 3 days already, why? & how long can it last?
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 42 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX ..,
Thanks for posting your query.
The cold and strep. Infection has lead to lymphoma enlargement in the neck.
Child needs rest good nutrient diet, antibiotics and decongestants treatment.
Response depends on severity, mostly throat symptoms become fine in 5-7 days and lymphnode resolves over coming two weeks.
Your local physician would know these regimens.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.
People also viewed
- What is the cause and treatment of strep throat
- Treatment and cure for Strep throat
- Ache in innthighs near groin
- Blood with stool no pain
- Why does my grion ache
- Blood pressure limits
- Blood in semen no pain
- Strep throat treatment amoxicillin
- Stomach ache hungry a lot weight gain
- Low grade temp and stomache ache
- What is the treatment for strep throat
- Stomache ache with viral fever
- Strep throat treatment
- Mature neutrophils blood test
- Irregular blood pressure levels