Child has swollen finger, itchy rashes all over face, neck, back, stomach and legs. Any thoughts?

Feb 2013

My 12 year old son has experienced a rash for the past two nights, raised itchy areas over his face neck back stomach and legs. We gave him an antihistamine and each morning the rash is gone. This morning his fingers feel a little swollen. Any thoughts?
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 16 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Your child's rash is looking like a skin allergic rash as it was itchy and responded to oral antihistamine.

The swelling of his fingers could be a part of same allergic reaction which caused the rash over his body.

But I need some more information regarding on the swollen fingers.

Are the swollen fingers painful?

Any itching of fingers is present?

Is there any redness present on swollen fingers?

Was the rash and swollen fingers related to any food or any activity?

Kindly provide the details in your next follow up query so that I can try to advise you in a better way.

Awaiting for your response.