Child has swelling in face, near eyebrow. Visible when waking up

My Baby is 5 and 1/2 month old. Few days back I started noticing some kind of swelling on her face mostly in the vicinity of the eye with more towards the eyebrow.
I had visited a paedtrician and he said nothing to worry about and to worry in case the swelling is between the eyelids and eye brow area. The swelling doesn't remain prominent for long time is mostly visible when she wakes up or internmittenly at random times.
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Taher Kagalwala 6 hours later

Thank you for posing the question. I am sorry, but the information you have provided is insufficient to make a diagnosis. Would it be possible to take a photo of her eye region in the morning and put it here as a report/attachment?

As of now, it may be a local, eye-related problem, or something related to deeper structures of the face such as the cheeks, face bones, etc.

Awaiting further clarification or upload of an image.

With best wishes,

Dr. Taher