Child has stool with slimy white coating and pebbles in it, no change in diet. Is this ok?

My daughter for the last week 14 months old has dark XXXXXXX stool with a slimy white coating and it's also sometimes like small pebbles her diet has not changed. I just want to know if this is ok? She seems fine in herself
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later

Welcome to heathcare Magic!
The stool characteristic you have described is a normal variant amongst small children but it also gives hints towards the factors causing it.
Either the child is a bit constipated say passing stools once 2-3days and she is also a bit dehydrated also.
I would advise to add some soft fruits or salads of her choice.
The problem would get resolved once you attend these points.

I wish her a great health!
Follow-up: Child has stool with slimy white coating and pebbles in it, no change in diet. Is this ok? 19 minutes later
She is passing stool 2-3 times a day everyday would you still day she is constipated
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 15 minutes later
Welcome back to Heathcare Magic Physician's Desk!
She is not constipated at all.
still adding fiber diet in form of fruits and salad would likely help her to much extent.
Please give a trial to this change if still the problem persists over a week then her stool should be lab tested.

I wish your kid a great health!