Child has stomachache, racing heart rate and started vomiting. What treatment should be done?

Hi, my 5 yr old daughter woke up with her heart racing. It remains racing and she has started vomiting. She is also getting pains in her stomach, I think cramping. I usually try to avoid running to the dr, buy how long should I give this?
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 34 minutes later

Your daughter has symptoms of gastrointestinal infection which is usually viral in nature and settles in few days.
I suggest you to give her plenty of fluids,give oral rehydration solution sip by sip .
Give coconut water, curd,rice porridge .
In case she vomits again you can give anti emetic like domperidone or ondensteron as per dosage.
For pain abdomen you can give mefenemic acid as per dosage.

In case symptoms persist,she has persistent vomiting or pain abdomen continues
then i suggest you to get her evaluated by pediatrician.

Hope I have answered your query,if you have any other question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless!!