Child has stomach ulcer and bad smelling mucus from anus. Are they related?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Daughter has stomach ulcer, rancid smelling mucus from bottom, rancid smelling breath...all related?
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 hours later
Thanks for writing your query.

Stomach ulcer is related with increased acid production in the stomach resulting in damage to the mucosa of the stomach. Rancid smell and mucosa can be due to indigestion.

You can get her stool examined for confirming presence of any infection.

A course of antibiotic like Norfloxacin along with antacid in gel form will help in healing the damaged mucosa of the stomach. Give her medicines after discussing with her Doctor.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any furthur query, I will be happy to help.