Child has stomach pain, nausea, difficulty passing stool, shivering. No fever or allergies. Taking Miralax. Need for examination?

Feb 2013

my 7 year old daughter was having tummy aches and nausea. She had urge to poop but couldn't. Then she started shivers. She has no allergies. Has had constant belly aches. I do give her Miralax on occasion. Also give her Tums and Pepto bismal tablets on occasion. She has no fever now. My husband thinks she has a "nervous tummy" like he did as a child. I don't know if there's such a thing... She eats well. She likes fruit. She's always hungry. She jumps a lot while watching TV. I think she burns thru her food.

Do you think that she needs to be examined?
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 13 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Before advising you I need some more information related to her tummy aches.

Which part of her tummy aches? like upper, middle, or lower? right or left?

Is the tummy ache is fixed to one area?

Is she having constipation on and off?

What is the intensity of her pain on a scale of 1 to 10?

Is that pain severe enough that wakes her from sleep?

Is there any relation of pain to food intake?

Any history of urinary tract infections in past or at present?

Any history of passing worms in stools?

Shivering may occur during the episode of constipation due to passage of hard stool which leads to tear in mucosa causing severe pain.

The above information is required to advise you better regarding her on and off tummy aches.

Hence I request you to kindly provide me the information in your follow up query.