Child has started facing stammering problem. Any suggestion?

my 4 year old baby girl facing stammring problem.please sugges me what can i do for her
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

Stuttering/stammering occurs most often in children when they are between 2 and 5-years-old. Most of the children recover without any intervention, but in children who continue to stuttering the cause for the same is identified and treatment installed. Treatment does help about 80% children with complete recovery.

The common causes for such stuttering in children are as below:
Genetics with atleast one near kin with the problem
Neurophysiological defects with difficulty in using the structures involved in phonation
Lifestyles including high expectations and fast-paced lifestyles can contribute to stuttering.

First you may have to get him examined by an ENT specialist to identify the type and cause for the stuttering.

Treatment options are as below:
Speech therapy,
Psychologist’s intervention,
Hypnotherapy etc.

The suitable option amongst the above will be chosen by the ENT specialist who can identify the cause after physical examination.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.