Child has spreading rash, raised bumps, no itching, runny nose, chest cough.

my 3 year old has had a strange rash spreading over his body for several days, very small raised bumps; no itching until 3 or 4 days in as it seemed to begin to dry out. He has had a runny nose too and now a chest cough.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 19 minutes later

Commonly rash like raised bumps with mild itching occurs in case of allergic rash and rarely can be due to viral infection. Also you said your child has runny nose and cough.

So please let me know whether:-

-your child has fever
-if the rash has increased/decreased after cold and cough has developed
-have you given him any medicine at home

More likely it may be a rash due to viral infection so you can give him some antiallergic or anti-cold (as even they contain anti allergic medicine) and hopefully the rash will subside. As for the runny nose and cough viral infections usually get better in a week.

Please let me know the further details so that I may help you better.

Awaiting your response.