Child has small bruise on forearm. Hurts when pressed. Should I be concerned?
User rating for this question
My ten year old child has a small bruise on her forearm the size of a nickel. It has changed from a normal looking dark center into a white spot in the center. It only hurts when its pressed on. Is this something to be concerned over? It has been there two days.
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: will fade away .no need to worry much. Detailed Answer: Hello,thanks for writing here.It seems to be echymosis.It can occur after trauma,viral infections,allergies,insect bites etc.There is leakage of blood from capillaries which collect under skin.It fades away gradually and you need not to worry much.You can apply calamine lotion over it for soothing.In case there is no improvement after 2 to 3 days you can consult your doctor.Hope this will help you.Take care.
People also viewed
- Small bruise doesnt hurt
- What causes small bruises on the forearms
- What causes bump on the inside of the lower lip
- Rectal bleeding and high troponin levels
- Small child skin darkening discolouration no bruising cause of concern
- Parrot flu symptoms in humans
- Reason for urinating during foreplay
- Itchy bumps on limbs during pregnancy what are they
- Random bruising all over should i be concerned
- Reason for unexplained bruising on forearm of child
- Bleeding in inside of elbow previously had shingles related
- Pvcs are keeping me awake
- Reddening of skin itching welts applying betnovate suggestions
- Pimple on testis skin
- Suggest good face wash moisturizer and sunscreen to improve complexion