Child has small bruise on forearm. Hurts when pressed. Should I be concerned?
User rating for this question
My ten year old child has a small bruise on her forearm the size of a nickel. It has changed from a normal looking dark center into a white spot in the center. It only hurts when its pressed on. Is this something to be concerned over? It has been there two days.
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: will fade away .no need to worry much. Detailed Answer: Hello,thanks for writing here.It seems to be echymosis.It can occur after trauma,viral infections,allergies,insect bites etc.There is leakage of blood from capillaries which collect under skin.It fades away gradually and you need not to worry much.You can apply calamine lotion over it for soothing.In case there is no improvement after 2 to 3 days you can consult your doctor.Hope this will help you.Take care.
People also viewed
- Cure for labia boil
- Blood test for urticaria
- Small bruise doesnt hurt
- What causes small bruises on the forearms
- Treatment and cure for pure red cell aplasia
- Sebaceous cyst on tail bone
- Boil inside the nose
- Random bruising all over should i be concerned
- Treatment and cure for shigellosis
- Treatment and cure for salpingitis
- Reason for unexplained bruising on forearm of child
- Boils on knees
- Treatment and cure for protein losing enteropathy
- Treatment and cure for herniated disk
- Small child skin darkening discolouration no bruising cause of concern