Child has runny nose, sore throat and ear pain. Bilateral ear infection?

ENT Specialist
my 4 year old son is crying ? when I touch is ears he screams does he have bilateral ear infections? he also has a cough.
he has a runny nose and a sore throat but only at bed time. could that attribute to sore ears?
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to H.C.M.for your query.
I have gone through your query regarding acute pain in both ears of your kid. As you said that your child is having cold also thus there are chances of acute otitis media both ear, this is a painful disease of ear and quite common in children due to wide and short Eustachian tube.
This condition is very easily diagnose by thorough clinical examination of ear. nose & throat. I suggest you to consult ENT doctor for proper treatment, but till you fix up your appointment with ENT doctor you can use antibiotic, analgesic, decongestant and steam inhalation.
I hope above suggestion will be helpful to your child.

With Regards.