Child has red spots on the palm of hands, some for them look like pimples. Should I be concerned?

Feb 2013

my 20 month old boy has red spots on the palm of this hands.some for them look like pimples.
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 26 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Before advising about the red spots and pimple like lesions on your child palms I need some more information related to this problem.

What is the duration of the problem or when did you notice it?

Are the lesions itchy?

Is child having fever?

Are there any similar skin lesions on the other parts of the body like limbs, trunk, and on soles of the feet?

Are any ulcers in oral cavity, on palate, on tongue?

This information will help to come to a conclusion about the type and nature of his rash.

But physical examination of skin lesions by pediatrician or dermatologist is more appropriate in diagnosing the skin condition.

If possible kindly send the pictures of the rash of his palms along with the next follow up query.

Therefore please provide me the requested information in the follow up query to advise you in a better way.