Child has red rashes all over body, itches frequently and dry skin. Suggest?

My Son is 15 months old and i can see some red rashes all over his body. He itches frequently. We can also see that his skin has become dry. Please advise
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 20 hours later

I can understand your concern.

From your history, I won't be able to really comment on his rashes as I would require some more information regarding the rash, or if you could post a picture it would be better.

For dryness of skin I would advise you to put a moisturizing lotion on the body thrice a day, especially after bath when the skin is slightly wet, also do take care to not rub his skin dry after bath, just light patting.

Please let me know a little more regarding the rash.