Child has red rash around vaginal area. Caused by chlorine in swimming pool?

My granddaughter is 6 years old and stays red around her vaginal area...Can chlorine in our swimming pool cause this? Also we use shock once a week in it could that cause it? She also was in a jacuzzi over the weekend and it was full of bubbles...
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Your granddaughter is having local inflammatory reaction.
Cause can be either a chemical exposure or a water borne infection- bacterial/fungal.
Avoid going to swimming for next 10days.
Apply local Cream Lobate-GM/Tenovate-GM twice a day for 7days.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!