Child has red bump on knee, hole in bump, hard looking ring around bump. Want to make sure it is not MRSA

My son got a red bump on his knew with a little hole in the bump
. I don't no if he got bit ir what but he also has a hard looking ring around the bump
. Wondering what it is and making sure it's not mersA.
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

From the details provided by you and his symptoms, this can be local infection with abscess formation.

A course of antibiotics is ideal treatment for this.I would recommend to consider a visit to doctor to confirm the diagnosis and get prescription.

Please keep watch on symptoms like fever and spread of inflammation to surrounding area.It's always better to start treatment early in such cases.

If he has significant pain, then oral analgesics can provide relief.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.