Child has re-occurring red swollen area below collar bone. Drained pus after scratching
User rating for this question
my 1 year old son use to have a red swollen area below his collar bone but ever since he scratch it and drained the pus out, it keeps re-occurring every now and then, but with pus build up. please help.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get it properly drained out by a surgeon. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. I have gone through the picture attached with the query. Recurrence of pus filled area occurs due to incomplete evacuation of the pus. I suggest you to get it properly drained out by a surgeon. After drainage of pus, proper antibiotic coverage is required to control the infection. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any more concerns. Take care. Warm Regards.
Follow-up: Child has re-occurring red swollen area below collar bone. Drained pus after scratching 7 hours later
the doctors here say it some bronchial sinusitis that requires a minor surgery. is that possible? and is it safe to drain out the pus properly by the surgeon at his age? thanks
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Small operation and relatively safe procedure. Detailed Answer: Hi, It could be bronchial sinus. These are small openings usually on one side of centre. These are birth defects and discharge fluid off and on. The only remedy is to remove them by operation. This is small operation and relatively safe procedure. Regards.
People also viewed
- Swollen chest and collar bone after dc reason
- Is bloating a side effect of esterified estrogens/methyltestosterone?
- Swollen collar bone lupus
- Myalgia, joint disorder causes
- Swollen on chest just below collar bone
- Swollen lump on collar bone
- Broken bone spur causes
- Is confusion as to time, place, or person a side effect of clozapine?
- Capsular injury causes
- Knee numbness causes
- Is fever with or without chills a side effect of tylenol with codeine?
- Is burning feeling in the chest or stomach a side effect of dexilant?
- Is difficulty breathing a side effect of bendroflumethiazide/nadolol?
- Swollen lymph nodes below collar bone
- Chronic hip causes