Child has rash, redness inside leg. Tried antibiotic cream. What can help clear it up?

My son is 23 months & has a very bad rash that looks red raw on the top inside leg just where the nappy rubs off - i've tried the soothacream & an antibioticcream & its not working what can help clear it up
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Kruti 3 hours later

I will be glad to be of assistance.

It will be important to see the rash and then diagnose what it is. If you could post a picture here, it would be very helpful. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

In case you cannot post a picture, please give me a few more details regarding the rash.

From what you have described however it could be due to the rubbing of the nappy, i.e due to the friction.
For temporary relief, you can apply cortisone cream once a day on the rash for a week.

Awaiting your response and the pictures.