Child has prolong cold and cough. On Asthalin puff, prescribed Zedex and predment. Is it safe?

As my son is suffering from prolong cold and cough since 2 months and he had on Asthalin puff and other subsequent medicines. today ENT specialist had prescribed bro zedex syrup and predmet 4mg tablets for the same. Does these medicines are sfe for my 3 year old son[Kid]

Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concern.

As mentioned by you your child is having respiratory symptoms for two months.
These symptoms suggest hyper reactive disease.

Your doctor has started him on terbutaline syrup which is a bronchodilator and methylprednislone which is anti inflammatory and is given in dose of 1to 2mg/kg in 2 divided doses for 3 to 5 days.
Dose is adequate for your child

Be in regular follow with your pediatrician and if symptoms are not releived he may require inhaler .

I also suggest you to find any aggravating factor as allergen need to be avoided.

Hope this helps.let me know if you have any further query.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless..
Follow-up: Child has prolong cold and cough. On Asthalin puff, prescribed Zedex and predment. Is it safe? 40 minutes later
Hi Dr. Synthyia Bhagat,

Thanks for the reply.
Actually my pediatrician had suggested earlier with : Levolin, alerid, nasivion and asthalin puff[2 times a day] for 2 weeks and
Ziprax, bricarex-A, T-minic, nasivion, karvol plus drops andasthalin puff[2 times a day] for next 2 weeks for wheezing, cough and running nose.
My child was near to normal after these medications. But suddenly after one week, he was prone to blocked nose with thick mucus and Severe coughing. So, Pediatrician refered ENT specialist.
Where ENT specialist suggested today with Bro zedex syrup: 5ml x 2 weeks and predmet 4mg tablets :[1.5 tablet x 2times for 3days and 1tablet x 2times for 3 days and 1 tablet once per day for 3days] and told to stop all other medicines suggested earlier by pediatrician including the puff.

I hope its ok and no side effects in children[3 years old ]. Please suggest in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks again

All these medication is given for hyper reactive disease.

Relax,give medication as prescribed.
It is completely safe

As mentioned earlier these symptoms usually get aggravated by
Smoke/dust/fumes/change of climate/animal dander etc.

So kindly keep a watch on this as well.

Hope this helps.If you have any further query I would be glad to help.

Take care....