Child has no vision in eye, can see only white.

My Daughter who has just turned seven had problems with her left eye last year but I was told to wait until this years eye examination. She has no vision whatsoever and all she can see is white. My Daughter describes it as how you or I would imagine Heaven to be, all white. I am waiting to see a specialist at a hospital.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
It is impossible for me to know the exact cause of loss of vision in one eye without performing an examination, but from what you say it sounds like your daughter may have developed a 'lazy eye' sometimes referred to as AMBYLOPIA. If your daughter has not been able to see well from her left eye since birth, then unfortunately, despite the wonders of modern technology it is not possible to revive the vision in that eye.
The main priority at this stage therefore is to take great care with the other eye, and to attend your optician/ophthalmologist at regular intervals to maintain an up to date treatment of her symptoms.
I'm limited here with the inability to examine your daughter, hence I'll not be able to give you more information regarding the possibilities.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.