Child has low grade fever, taking Droxyl. Negative for malaria. What to do?

My son is suffering from low grade fever since 3-4 days and staying far away. Doctor has prescribed him Droxyl-500 with some analgesic+antipyretic. What he should do...........

As I have already mentioned that since last three years, at an interval of 5-6 months, my son suffers from the problem i.e. low grade fever with no other symptoms. Initially, it was a problem for correct diagnosis. Thereafter, one of the Doctors diagnosis was 'Malaria' while the test for malaria was negative. The Doctor treated him with the antimalarial drugs and after a long sufferings my son was OK. Thereafter, every 5-6 months he suffers from the same problem and the treatment is also the same i.e. full antimalarial drugs treatment. Now, my concern is what is this and what should be the treatment for permanent cure.
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Follow-up: Child has low grade fever, taking Droxyl. Negative for malaria. What to do? 14 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Before commenting on this, I would request you to answer the following questions:
a. When you say low grade fever, has someone measured the fever with a thermometer for 2 full minutes and taken a treatment? If yes, how much is it?
b. What all tests have been done for him? Can you share the reports?
c. What were the physical examination findings of the physician? Was an enlarged spleen or liver noticed?
d. Has an antigen test for malaria been done for him?
e. Apart from the fever right now, does he have any other complaints?
f. Where is your son staying right now?

once I have the answers , we can discuss this condition better