Child has loose motions, prescribed Emeset and Reflora. Suffering continues. Please advise

Hi Doctor,

My 1 year 3 months old son is suffering from loose motions for the past 3 days now starting from Sunday. We took him to the doctor immediately who prescribed reflora XXXXXXX emeset,Z&D drops and ORS. We have given him this for 3 days. Even today he continuous to suffer. Initially he was dull but after a day started playing and became active but still is having loose motions multiple times. Please advice.
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
I see, there visible improvements in his condition( he started playing, is active ), I would recommend continue prescribed treatment, ensure adequate intake of fluids, monitor for few days his condition and if diarrhea will persist then you have to review with your Physician treatment and additionally stool analysis , in some cases diarrhea occur in bacterial infections that require laboratory confirmation and antibiotic therapy. ( in case of bacterial confirmation present treatment he receiving is not sufficiently and need add oral antibiotics.)
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,