Child has loose motion with blood, painful, afraid to eat. Taken Meftal for fever. Please advise

Question
Hi Doctor,

My baby is 21 months old. Week before she was suffering for High Fever, in which we gave meftal and medicine prescribed bby doctor for Diarrhea. After 3 days fever was fine, but loose motion started. And she is going 3 times in 10 mins with liquid and solid mix, and with blood (small spots) and sometimes very greenish. But when she passes stool, she feels lot of pain. Her anus feels like scratchy, when she gives hard, red skin comes from anus, which we feels problem. She feels to pass stool, but nothing comes out, only few drops of liquid and blood. After Whatever she eats, she feels like to pass stool. She becomes very week. She afraid to eat anything, as she will need to pass stool after that. Please doctor advice something. Its already week gone in this situation.
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX,

Thanks for writing in.

It seems that your daughter may be having Acute bacillary dysentery.

Please get a stool test done to confirm the nature of infection.

Consult your doctor and he may start antidysentery medicine with antibiotic medicine course .This will give relief from her symptoms.

Apply antibiotic cream in anal region. Give her light diet like buttermilk, curd, rice. Give her lime water juice, XXXXXXX juice.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Child has loose motion with blood, painful, afraid to eat. Taken Meftal for fever. Please advise 2 hours later
Thanks for your reply.

We had visited to a doctor, which prescribed Ziprax-100, Flagyl, Oflox, Meftal-Spas drops and ORS. We are applying Soframycin at anal area. May be we are going in right direction. PLease let us know if these are good medicines, for disease you mentioned?

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,

Thanks for writing back.

As I wrote you the same medicines are prescribed by your doctor, I am glad.

Now within a day or two she will be fine. All symptoms will be getting better now. You are going in the right direction, please follow it.

I answered your query. If you do not have further query or clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Thanks.