Child has large lump below belly button with blood and pus coming out. Suggest?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
My son has a large lump below his belly button and has had some blood and pus come out when he squeezes it. he said his stomach is also burning and he has felt nauseated all day.
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 15 minutes later
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
The blood and pus coming from the swelling is a sign of infection. He may have developed an infected hair follicle or perhaps a sebaceous cyst. The infection can have a widespread effect of making him feel nauseated.
I would suggest he visits his doctor who may wish to prescribe antibiotics.
Dr K A Pottinger,