Child has high level iron. How to treat this?

Feb 2013

My 6yers daughter high level iron(81) so I'm vry up set.what problem will be come with high iron
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 32 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please send complete report.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The normal iron levels in children is 50-120 micrograms/dL.

But you mentioned the value (81) only, and you did not mention the measuring units of iron levels.

And I request you to mention the complete iron report in your next follow up query, so that I can try to advise you in a better way.

And serum iron level should be interpreted along with the complete panel of iron studies such as ferritin, transferritin saturation, and total iron binding capacity.

And a fasting blood sample is preferred to measure iron levels accurately.

Therefore I request you to upload the complete iron reports by using the website uploader.

Awaiting for the reports in next query.