Child has headache, nausea. Done blood sugar test. Taken Acetaminophen. Recommend good drug

My daughter aged 12 years always complains headache followed by nausea. Her random blood sugar is 98mg/dl and hemoglobin 13gram% , blood pressure, ECG normal, heart rate 104 and eye sight normal (recently consulted eye specialist). No improvement even after taking 500mg of acetaminophen/meftol. Kindly recommend good drug to get improvement.
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Thanks for the question.

Ideally this should be first investigated with MRI brain.MRI might show underlying cause of headache.After that treatment can be planned depending on the cause.

If MRI is normal then symptomatic treatment can be planned.The doctor might even suggest migraine treatment.

So, I think rather than an empirical treatment first MRI should be undertaken.

Hope this answers your question.